” I’m singing! I’m in a store and I’m singing! I’m in a store, AND I’M SINGIIIIING!”
Good morning dear readers! I’m singing with all my heart!! I simply cannot contain my joy and gratitude to this blogging community- a community I very nearly missed out on due to my inherent shyness. I thank the Lord that I had the courage to face my dreams of touching others with my writing (typing?) and start my blog a little over a month ago ❤︎
Not in a million years did I go into this expecting to receive any form of award, but in their generosity and kindness both T. Shaw and Claire Yang Writer nominated me for this Mystery Blogger Award. I can’t thank either of you enough! T. Shaw had me hooked from the start with her intro/about page (go check it out and tell me how much you agree! ❤︎ ) and Claire Yang inspired me by her similar desire to obtain all that she can about writing, so please go visit these lovely ladies!
About the Award:
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things About Me:
1. I am a Christian. Even when I didn’t know God for myself, His love shined through the unending kindness that pours from my heart despite the things I’ve been through- it’s this impact I am able to have on others that lead me to Him, because He is love ❤︎
2. I love the color yellow: not mustard-y, greenish yellow; not tacky, sticky notes yellow; but the soft yellow of a tulip in bloom or the brilliant yellow you see when you turn your face to the sun.
3. Manatees are one of my favorite animals.
Questions for Me From T. Shaw:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
This school year has been a phenomenal year of growth for me, and it’s only halfway through- I’ve been pursuing the talents I didn’t ever dedicate my time to, writing among them. My love of writing, my desire to touch others for God, and a need to escape family problems drove me into this beautiful blogging world.
2. What is/are your goal(s) for 2018?
Funny you should ask, I actually just did a post on this- it’s not everything I would like to do of course, and who knows how much more will come my way, but here is My 2018 List.
3. What was the most memorable moment/event that happened this year in 2017?
The exact day I realized, truly, that I have the power to be happy, to be absolutely joyful, outside of whatever chaotic, painful mess life has tangled me in. God loves me, God built this whole wide world and thought it needed one of me here too. I can’t think of a better reason to smile.
4. What is your favorite comfort food?
I don’t know if I was sick as a kid when my mom gave it to me, or if it’s just that thing, but my mom’s spaghetti- no sauce, no cheese, just some butter and noodles.
5. Would you rather sneeze every minute or never again get to pick what clothes you wear?
Oh gosh… The sneezing, though it would drive me bananas. I can’t give up my modesty, sorry imaginary-closet-planners.
Questions for Me From Claire Yang:
1. What is the most memorable moment in the year 2017 for you?
Look above 🙂
2. What do you wish to accomplish in the year 2018?
LOL, also look above (I’ll spare you some rereading, sounds fair right? 😉 )
3. Besides blogging, what is another hobby of yours?
Drawing (I included one of my recent doodles in my post “It’s Christmas and We’re All in Misery” if you’d like to check it out!)
4. What was that one birthday gift that you’ve always wanted, but never got as a kid?
… I honestly don’t know. But I do know that every year, birthday/Christmas/daily, my wish is that my parents find happiness in their marriage.
5. If you could be any animal or insect, what would it by and why?
I have a fascination with the big cat species–I don’t think there is anything more gorgeous, more raw than a feline predator in its natural habitat–, so I would want to be a Snow Leopard. (As a little girl, I’d even dream of being one- kind of like a werewolf, but a wereleopard. Call me weird, but sometimes I still dream it.)
Questions for My Nominees:
1. Where is your happy place?
2. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
3. What is the most memorable, outright-funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
4. Do you have any visible, seeable (is that even a word?) quirks you do: sticking your tongue out when concentrating, tapping your foot in line, etc.?
5. And finally, since this is the Blogmas season after all, what is your favorite thing about Christmas?
Thank you all for reading- never forget, you are beautiful and you are loved ❤︎